FMHI (Filipino Mental Health Initiative)
We help increase the happiness of our community. How do we do this?
- Help reduce the stigma of mental health and substance abuse, because even today there are too many myths floating around about mental health.
- Increase access to services, because so many people who need help have trouble getting the help.
- Empower the community through outreach. After all, not everyone knows all the resources available.
FMHI was formed in 2006 from the members of Kapwa Pilipino Advocacy Group (KAPAG). FMHI is a volunteer organization. We have relationships and/or partnerships with government agencies and private organizations, including the following.
- San Mateo County Behavioral Office of Diversity & Equity
- Asian American Recovery Services
- Pilipino Bayanihan Resource Center
- FMHI San Francisco
- Skyline College